10 August, 2011

Java :- Setting Heap Size in Eclipse / My Eclipse


Error Jvm Heap Size (On Eclipse / My Eclipse)

I have set this feature in my IDE. I got this type of error when my team is on the project social network type project in struts framework.I was really in trouble , and seeking a solution finally I got the solution.It help U.


Heap memory related error java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.
What needs to be done here basically is to increase the jvm heap size. So for increasing the JVM Heap Size of Tomcat in Eclipse we have to set few VM arguments of the tomcat.
Follow the simple steps to change the Heap Size of Tomcat under Eclipse.
1. Open the Server tab in Eclipse and double click the Tomcat server to open Server Configuration.
2. In Server Configuration, click on the Launch Configuration link under General Information.
3. Under Arguments tab, add following values in VM arguments.
1
-Xms64m -Xmx256m

No comments:

Post a Comment